Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Lets Start At The Beginning


To put it bluntly, having twin boys drastically changed my life in many ways: Sleepless nights, reflux, feeding issues, dirty diapers times two. But what changed most profoundly was the way I wanted to live my life and raise my boys. Back in my previous life, I was a marketer for 3 big consumer packaged goods companies (a large personal, oral and household care company, a processed foods company and a Pharmaceutical company). I had wonderful experiences working at these companies and learned immensley about the way products are marketed in our consumption based world today. I focused on getting into the mind of the target consumer, lowering costs, raising revenues and thus increasing profit. I was good at it because I had passion for every product I marketed. However, my life for the past year and a half has been as a stay at home mom raising my precious twin boys. My passion has been refocused and directed towards creating a healthy lifestyle for me, my husband and my children. What is most astonishing to me is that along the way, I realized that my lifestyle changes have a direct effect not only on my health and the health of my family but on the health of the environment as well. My passion is now to spread the knowledge of what I've learned and what I am still learning to everyone who is willing to listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment