Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Essential Oils in Action!


I have been meaning to share an essential oil success a story but the end of summer got away from me as we spent a week by the shore. Yesterday I sent my twin boys off to their 1st day of preschool which also took some preparation and blogging just fell off my priority list. But I am back!

As I learn more about the power of essential oils, I am amazed. These little oils have healing powers and truly do some incredible things. A good friend of mine has been suffering from an autoimmune disease that came about in her late 20's. The side effects from the strong medication she takes have had detrimental effects on her body. Unfortunately, a lot of autoimmune diseases are treated with steroids to stop inflammation but there are many other side effects that result from taking steroids such as osteoporosis, skin problems, hair loss, etc. These steroids are not meant to be taken long term but some people just do not respond well to any other type of therapy. In my personal opinion, western medication is not doing a good job at getting to the source of the problem with autoimmune diseases. Its just treating symptoms with medications that can cause a host of other problems and/or diseases. We as a society need to become more focused on prevention and preventing autoimmune disease starts from diet and the removal of toxins from the body and environment. But I digress....

In my friend's case, she had been taking the steroids for a while and had started to see some alopaecia (hairloss). This was frustrating and embarrassing for her as a beautiful woman in the prime of her youth. She read about essential oils and their healing effects on the body, specifically for hair regrowth. She contacted me with some questions and I gave her the following recipe:

4 drops Rosemary - promotes new hair growth
4 drops Thyme
4 drops Lavendar
4 drops Cedarwood

This makes a blend. Then draw up the blend in a tiny syringe and drop 5 drops of the blend in with 20 drops of olive, grape seed or fractionated coconut oil. Its the 20:80 dilution method. Once you have it combined properly, massage into your head before bed. Do it every night.

At first she was not religious with her application of the oils but as time went on she became more diligent. A quote from her latest correspondence with me: "I am pretty religious about using them almost everyday and I have definitely noticed a difference, my hair is much much thicker than it was, there is a lot of regrowth." It has been only 2 months since she started using the oils and the obvious effects are there. I was overjoyed to hear this news and especially delighted because she got the oils from my company Young Living. Young Living harvests the purest most efficacious essential oils that you can find. These are pharmaceutical grade oils, safe enough to ingest and use undiluted in most cases. Think about the market for hair regrowth products like Rogaine and Propecia. Companies are making so much money on synthetic and toxic treatments that don't even work. Why waste money on that when you can use natural plant extracts that are 100% safe and actually WORK!

There are hundreds of oils that work on different parts of the body and in conjunction can heal most ailments. I am still learning about how they all work (by themselves or as blends) and I use many of them myself as a daily regimen. On my children, I use them to boost immunity and so far it has worked as my kids have never needed antibiotics and they are 20 months. Preschool and the germs that live there will now be the true test to prove how powerful these oils truly are but I think my friend's success story is just the tip of the iceberg and I am confident I can keep my kids antibiotic free for as long as possible!

Check out the oils at http://www.youngliving.com/ and contact me if you are interested in learning more.

No comments:

Post a Comment