Friday, October 16, 2009

Change of Season Ailments


So I haven't posted in a while but things have been a little crazy around here. I thought I would let you all know how I successfully got rid of Jake's croup within 2 days. Maybe my story will inspire you to go out and experience the power of Young Living essential oils.

About 3 days ago, Jake woke up from his nap choking. He couldn't breathe and was turning purple. I was panicked to say the least but something took hold of me and suddenly I was able to focus. I took my little Jake, gasping for air and performed the Heimlich Maneuver on him. Within seconds I was able to loosen some phlegm that must have been lodged in his airway. He swallowed the phlegm and was finally breathing. What followed was a loud and seal like cough that made him cry. I was still scared to death so I grabbed both Jake and his brother and raced to the pediatrician. They didn't even have socks on but I didn't care!

Once we got into the office, the doctor listened to Jake's lungs and determined that they were clear but noticed his honking cough and immediately diagnosed it as the croup. I was relieved to know that he didn't swallow or aspirate anything to make him choke but also wondered why his airways could close up that tight? Apparently with the croup, the pharynx becomes inflamed making breathing more difficult in certain cases. The doctor prescribed Jake a steroid which I knew I was not going to use. My mind was already jumping ahead to all the oils I have at home and which ones I would put on Jake that evening.

A quick phone call to my good friend helped me figure out which oils to use and where to apply them on his body. Here is what I did:

Immupower on his spine
Raven on his back
RC on his chest
Theives on his feet
Melrose to inhale

I did this for 2 nights. His cough is gone. He never even got a fever or a runny nose. He had 2 pretty nasty poops (sorry for the graphics) and then the virus was gone. Amazing stuff right? I am even amazed at how quickly he recovered from something that plagues young children this time of year. These poor kids can't seem to get rid of this cough and can have it for weeks.

I have also learned that peppermint essential oil is great for fevers and any swelling in the throat or pharynx. So I could have applied peppermint on his throat as well or diffused it overnight for him to breathe in. Next time I will try that.

For any of you out there who would like to experience an immune system boost, especially in this scary flu season, contact me for information. Or just go to http://www.youngliving.com/ and check out their products. I can answer any questions you may have and recommend the proper oils to use for specific ailments.

To Good Health!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely going to check out the pepprmint oil tip to infuse the room - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete